April 23-29 is National Volunteer Week.
FAIR began as Volunteer organization in the 1970s. Almost 40 years later we continue to be tremendously grateful for the many wonderful people who share their time, skills and wisdom to make a difference in their community. At FAIR we have volunteers in many of our programs including those who:
- Answer calls on the Interior Crisis Line Network
- Fundraise & Co-ordinate distribution of the Dental Access Funds
- Provide Front Desk Reception at our Main Office
- Cuddle little ones at our Baby Group
- Keep things clean and fabulously organized for our Woman’s Drop-in Clothing Swaps
- Commit each year to provide Free Income Tax preparation as part of CRA’s Volunteer Tax Prep
- Are businesses who quietly provide services to us & never send a bill, or donate products that we can use as fundraisers or pass on to clients
- Dedicated their time and expertise to be on our Board of Directors. Without these most vital Volunteers, FAIR would simply not exist.
If you would like more info on Volunteer Canada, please check out their website at https://volunteer.ca/.