As you may be aware, Canadian public health authorities have escalated measures to slow the spread of COVID-19.
FAIR’s number one priority will always be the health and safety of our clients, staff and the communities we serve. With that in mind, we are taking precautionary efforts and working with our partners to minimize the risk of exposure and to promote the health and wellbeing of all people, particularly those with significant vulnerabilities.
The following measures will take effect today Monday, March 16, 2020:
- Enhanced cleaning protocols at all FAIR worksites
- Staff and volunteers who have traveled out of the country will stay away from worksites for 14 days
- Staff, volunteers and community members are asked to refrain from coming in to any of FAIR’s sites if they are ill (ie. cough and fever)
- Travel to, and planning of, conferences and events are suspended until further notice
- Group meetings will be scheduled only using teleconference or video conference technologies
- The CCRR Toy Lending Library will be closed until further notice.
- All groups are suspended until further notice including –
- Building Beautiful Babies
- Muffins and Munchkins
- Women’s Tuesday Drop In
- Circle of Security
- Mental Health Family Support Group
- CCRR Friday Playgroup
- CCRR Workshops
- Violence is Preventable workshops in schools
Please note that our Columbia Ave building remains open and staff will keep appointments unless otherwise notified. The Interior Network Crisis Line will continue to be available 24/7 as usual and can be reached at 1-888-353-CARE (2273)
FAIR continues to monitor developments and will follow the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada, the BC Ministry of Health and the BC Centre for Disease Control.
If you are unsure about your symptoms or have questions or concerns, contact HealthLinkBC (8-1-1).
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact:
Janet MacNeil, Executive Director
jmacneil (at) trailfair.ca 250-364-2326 ext 224